Thai Chicken Larb Gai with Thai Seasoning
This dish is found everywhere in Thailand and is so easy to make, tastes delicious and is lovely and aromatic. For a vegetarian option just add tofu instead of the chicken.
Ingredients500 g Steggles Chicken Mince
1 tablespoon peanut oil (or olive oil)
3 tablespoons Thai Stir-in Seasoning, Gourmet Garden
2 cups medium grain rice
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 red onion finely sliced
Serve with fresh mint, fresh coriander and sliced spring onions.
Method1. Begin cooking rice
2. While rice is cooking in a bowl combine mince and the Thai Seasoning.
3. Heat pan and when hot add the oil and the chicken mince.
4. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes till done, moving the chicken around to break up the mince.
5. Add sliced red onion
6. When cooked, serve with rice, fresh mint, coriander and the spring onions.
7. For dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well.
8. Pour dressing over the Larb and the rice.Tip: For a different way of eating, serve in lettuce cups.
– See more at: http://www.what2cook.com/recipes/thai-chicken-larb-gai#sthash.MmiK1Pef.dpuf