Lemon & Ginger Chicken with steamed rice
A subtle blend of Asian flavours
500 g chicken breast fillets sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1¾ cups medium grain white rice
zest and juice of one large lemon
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon caster sugar
½ teaspoon Garlic Stir-in Paste, Gourmet Garden
1 tablespoon Ginger Stir-in Paste, Gourmet Garden
1 tablespoon cornflour stirred into 1 tablespoon chicken stock or water
2-3 spring onions finely chopped
1 extra lemon thinly sliced, to garnish
Note*: Look in the Asian section at your supermarket for Chinese rice wine, which may be simply labelled Chinese cooking wine. This product is not suitable to serve as a beverage.
Method1. Marinate the sliced chicken with soy sauce, rice wine and 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil and set aside.
2. Measure rice into a medium-sized saucepan and add 2½ cups (625 ml) water. Cover, bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce heat to very low and gently steam for about 10 minutes without opening the lid. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok and cook the chicken in 2-3 batches until browned.
4. Return all chicken to the pan and add all remaining ingredients, reserving some spring onions greens for garnish.
5. Stir through then reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken.Serve chicken over steamed rice, garnished with the remaining spring onion greens and sliced lemon.
– See more at: http://www.what2cook.com/recipes/lemon-ginger-chicken#sthash.EP5hy3wP.dpuf